March 16, 2011

ladies night!

Last night, some of us Institute girlies got together for a GIRLS NIGHT! The evening started at Olive Garden and ended at my dear friend, Lauren's house. She made the greatest desserts: chocolate pudding cake, strawberry cupcakes, & my favorite (pictured below) lemon tarts with raspberry filling.
After eating, we had some craft time. Love all of LK's fun buttons!
The project that I chose to do was this fabric flower. It was really easy to make & I'm pumped about the results!
 These headbands are my absolute FAVORITE! My Mom found them at the walking street in Thailand, and I have been hooked on them ever since. I decided to attach the flower to my headband & with the help of a sweet friend made a way to slide the flower on & off the headband!
 The turnout! -As a side note, can you agree with me that Spring cannot come soon enough (my skin coloring...)?
The other favorite of the night were these rolled flowers. SO cute!
It was the greatest evening: crafts, food, & sweet friends!