March 29, 2011

Wooden Spools

I just love looking at etsy. It is such a creative place and my mood is most always lifted after browsing all the creativity.
Today I found these two photographs of wooden spools of thread. I love these photos because they remind me of a simpler pace of life. A time where wooden spools were in their prime, creating and mending. I have found myself lately wishing that my grandmothers were still alive so that I could spend time with them. In my current phase off life with big decisions and changes I wish I could gleam some wisdom from Grandma Marge & Grandma Lola. Thankfully I can remember their sweet examples of selflessly serving so many members of their families. I hope that someday my grandchildren will see me in the same nostalgic way.
Here is the etsy site:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/64374687/a-collection-of-wooden-spools-fine-art?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_search_query=Wood+spools&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade


No comments: