March 20, 2011

a few of my favorite things.

Here are some recent things that makes my heart beat.
Enjoy.

CHALK BOARDS: Ben & I still have some leftover from the wedding & love using them. They are such a great way to write a quick note on your way out the door, or to add beauty to our small room.
STAYING ORGANIZED: yes, please! I fractionally inherited some of my Mom's talent in organization. I love coming back to our room when the bed is made & things are where they belong. Love this unique way of organizing office supplies.
RECIPES: A few days ago I browsed through one of the cookbooks that my Mother complied for one of my bridal showers. It was such a joy to see each recipe that family members crontributed, knowing that each was the result of many labors of love. I am so looking forward to this fall when (crossing my fingers) I will have the opportunity to be able to USE all of my wedding kitchen gifts & make food for our family of two. Love this funky recipe box from FreestyleGifts on etsy. Oh, etsy...
FLORAL PRINTS: Something deep inside of me has fallen in LOVE with floral prints. I really enjoy being a girl, and love wearing, drawing, & (hopefully someday) growing flowers. It would be a dream to take a class on flower arranging someday. If your reading this Ben, that would be a great birthday present in the next couple of years :)
How lovely are these spring poppies? I am such a grandma...
CALLIGRAPHY: I have always loved handwriting, even as a young girl I remember trying to perfect my handwriting with new swirls and techniques. I am horrible at cursive, and wish with all my heart that I could write like a calligrapherist (how do you spell that?). This blog is my fav, fav, fav!
Thanks for hearing about some of my favorite things! (Sooooo cheesy, but LOVE sound of music & Julie Andrews!)