October 8, 2011

my DAD is here!!

We have had a great weekend so far :)

Last night, the Allens & us had the Foltz kiddos spend the night at our house. Jon & Marisa are currently moving  so we decided to spoil them with some focused packing time. It was nice to relax & hang out with the kids at the same time.

Then this morning we woke up, played a while, & then welcomed my DAD to Fayetteville. Both of my parents have been missionaries with Cru for over 30 years in Thailand. They are still overseas so we treasure time with them. My Dad's trip was an unexpected trip to Florida for meetings & he was so kind to stop by NWA for a visit to three of his daughters!

We just finished dinner all together as a family & had a blast together. I love how crazy/loud/chaotic it gets when are (mostly) all together. Of course, we were all watching the Razorback game too :)

I am looking forward to the next 4 days with my Dad, and really hoping to get some 1-on-1 time with him. I love his wisdom & perspective on life. He is the best Daddy a girl could ask for :)

Here is a picture from my phone at our reunion lunch today. Sweet Nathan is getting SO big too!