February 21, 2013

looking forward to our little one

one thing that I can hardly wait to do with our little one is read books together. especially the books that I grew up reading. originally, I had a collection of books mainly for my nieces and nephews when they would visit at auntie's house. now it is fun to collect books for my very own little one.

one of my fondest memories from growing up was when my Dad would read to us girls each night. I especially remember reading the chronicles of narnia series, and another book called the tales of the kingdom. that was our special time with my Dad, and I still treasure those moments he spent with us reading. maybe Ben might let Papa sneak in ever so often to read our little ones.

 these were some of my favorites from growing up:
"a bargain for francis" by russell hoban
 "petunia" by roger duvoisin
 "winnie the pooh" by a.a. milne
i still have a wish list going, which includes "this is the way to the moon", "harry the dirty dog", "raggedy ann", "loveable lyle", "put me in the zoo", "stone soup", "the house on east 88th street", and richard scarry's "what people do all day" & "the best story book ever". 
the list could go on & on!